Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Something different can make all the difference!

   On my drive into work this morning, I was flipping through the local radio stations here in Las Cruces. On one of the stations, they were playing the new song "Moment 4 Life," and the lyrics "cause everybody dies, but not everybody lives" hit me like a freight train. You see, I love the idea of spontaneity and finding new experiences in my routine, but after hearing this song I realized I wasn't being true to spontaneity AT ALL!!!
   I have a day planner full of events, assignments for school, bills that are due, and even scheduled times to rest! My days and weeks are planned out by the hour! So I have to ask myself, where exactly does my need for impulsiveness fit in to the schedule?  How can we experience life to the fullest and enjoy the world around us if we do the same thing every day? So am I really living my life to its greatest potential, or am I just going through the notions of life?  When I'm 30,40,50, or even 60, I don't want to look back on my life and think "what if", so starting today I am making some life changes!!! Here are a few ideas to help rekickstart my journey back to living a little more spontaneously: On a weekly level
                                                         1.) Try a new restaurant once a week
                                                         2.) Instead of going the gym for spin class, ride my bike to a new place
                                                         3.) Create a new playlist on my Ipod, full of music I don't know


                                                                            On a monthly level
                                                        1.) Drive to a place in New Mexico that I've never been to
                                                        2.)Go to a concert or local event that I've never been
                                                                             

                                                                          On a yearly level
                                                        1.) Go to the airport, go to the ticket counter, ask to buy the cheapest round ticket ticket they have, and fly to whatever city and state that may be, and make the most of the trip!!!!


    In closing,  "living" doesn't mean you have to spend a ton of money just to gain experiences of life, it just means breaking out of the comfort shell and trying new things. Some of the most memorable events in your life can be those that were not planned! So join me on finding new experiences and living our lives to the greatest potential! Any suggestions followers?

~Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment