Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Stress of Tests!

So lately it seems like my professors are plotting against me and seeing how many exams they can stuff into just a few weeks. Environmental Engineering last week, Organic Chemistry and Biology this week, and Soil Science next week...thanks teachers. But when things get overwhelming (forgot to mention the 3 labs a week) you just got to take it day by day.

Looking at each class syllabus, I plan out all of my upcoming exams which gets overwhelming when I have times like these. But at the same time, I feel motivated to take on this challenge. If it takes staying in the library until it closes each night and then returning to my room to study until 2 am and then waking up at 6 the next morning to cram before the test, I will do that. I know that making that sacrifice is better than feeling the guilt and shame when you know you didn't put in your all (especially if you don't get a good grade). So yes, I know how important sleep is and I'm not suggesting to anyone that they go by my crazy schedule, but I'd much rather be sleep-deprived than not feel prepared for an exam.

So I have concluded that studying gets priority over sleeping. But it's not worth the head-bobbing in class and living off of coffee just to get through your day. So fellows Aggies, I suggest that you prioritize and practice good time management. Otherwise, you will end up like me-a regular at java city who spends too much time in the library. Take care and talk to ya'll soon!

Carley

No comments:

Post a Comment