Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Studying quirks, try 'em!

Pinned Image
don't let this be you!!

These past few weeks I have found myself very busy. It seems as though all of my professors have waited until now to assign a plethora of assignments, group projects, quizzes and exams. Everyone studies differently and here are a few tips:
  •  I am one of those people who cannot function without at least 7 hours of sleep. I prefer waking up early (early as in 6 or 7 AM)  and working on homework, because I would rather be well rested when I tackle homework than a complete zombie who can't even see straight.
  •  I also make sure that I make plenty of lists and order my tasks chronologically because I think that it helps me prioritize. As soon as I complete my assignment, I check it off! It gives me a sense of accomplishment and it makes me value the work I just completed.
  • When I work on really long assignments where there are several questions (for example, math homework) , I like to work from the bottom up! That when when I get to problem #3 I know that I only have 2 more questions left and I'm almost done!
  • Some people, find that study groups help them focus. I am the complete opposite! When I do homework, I like to do it in solidarity. People distract me and it is never fun to be alone, so I tell myself that the quicker I finish, the quicker I can leave the dungeon (my room, the library, etc.).
  • Pinned Image
    this is a nice place to study
This screams, distractions!!

  • This is something that I know tons of college students struggle with and that is Facebook, LOG OUT. I am definitely and addict so I just force myself to log off, and if you can't even bear to not know what is going on in your friend's lives every 3.2 seconds, check it every time you make some progress
  • I think that the environment you are in dictates how well you are going to study and how much you are going to accomplish. I try to avoid places like Starbucks, my bedroom, somewhere in front of a TV or computer screen (unless you need it) or anywhere where there are a lot of people. My ideal setting is being in my own little cubicle in the library with plenty of snacks and books--perfect
  • Lastly, pick some sweet tunes to help you concentrate, I recommend good ol' Pandora.
Happy Studying :)

-KAYLA

No comments:

Post a Comment