Thursday, February 23, 2012

Be The First Hand On

Well, Hello Aggies, long time no blog from your dearest Aggie Girl. I was looking our weekly schedule for the ambassadors and just notice that I was supposed to be blogging since the beginning of the week…Therefore I apologize for my tardiness. As for today’s topic, I’ve been thinking about NMSU and how great of a college it is (I mean that goes without saying right?). One of the reasons I chose to come here for school is not only do they have the program I was interested in or that it was away from home, but because of how hands on they allow their students to be. If you follow our blog you know by now that I am an Animal Science major specializing in the horse industry. My classes have included the normal Biology 111, Econ 201, etcetera, but I’ve also had classes that have allowed me to train a horse, ultra-sound animals, and sale animals. These classes were all hands on, up-close and personal to doing things that I may come into contact with in the future. If you want to learn how to do something or actually be taught pertaining to real life situations this is probably THE Best campus to do so. Instead of sitting in a lecture hall for 2 hours trying to learn off of a powerpoint we actually get to be out on campus learning right there. This proves true for all of our majors on campus! Everyone has seen what cool things the Engineering department has their students doing, like actual surveying on pride field, the construction of a cement canoe to be raced (yes that is an actual project), or even the weeklong trip to a foreign  country to help work on a bridge. It can’t get any better than that. So look around on campus and see what other majors have available or make sure to pay attention to what cool projects your department has going, because it is always better to learn hands on to apply it to life later on. In closing on today’s blog and keeping up with my normal pattern, I will leave you with a quote “He knows the water best who has waded through it.” Meaning you have to do in order to actually know. Have a great day Aggies!

-Always,

Aggie Girl Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment