Friday, October 21, 2011

Diversity!



After a day full of classes, I came into work with a pretty positive attitude. What I love about my job is I get to meet someone new almost every day … and I have an excuse to know all in’s and out’s of NMSU.
 Anywho, a couple of hours after doing office work, I was called upon to do a tour. A family of four, this tour was hands down one of the coolest tours I have given. This father of two young girls hopes to start research and do something totally creative as a student here on our campus. His wife wants to get a graduate degree in anthropology. It was just so fascinating to me to meet people who are so ready to take on this world, get their education and get their life going. NMSU is comprised of so many different people; you will never come across a certain ‘type.’ You’ll meet athletes, small-town girls, cowboys, dancers, mothers, chefs, future engineers, just so many people who bring a great mix to this university. You can start off as a political science major and end up joining the Army ROTC program here or even like me, get a degree in Government and Journalism! The opportunities are endless, not just in choice of degree or career, but in clubs, and friends and even food. : ) You immerse yourself in this mix and everyday is like an adventure.
So if you ask me how my day was, I’ll give you an interesting story of my tour with people who reminded me why I just love being an Aggie :)

-Just Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment