Monday, October 10, 2011

Inner Strength (Til the lights go out)

"Sometimes you feel tired,
feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up.
But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
and get that motivation to not give up
and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse."
- Eminem 
Sometimes your Down and Out...
I wake up @ 5 in the morning every other day. I am half asleep when the buzzer goes off...
I think to myself, "Should I just sleep in & exercise later 2day". I've been thinking this every time I wake up early 2 go running. I've been exercising since I was in middle school.
I was an overweight kid all my life. When I was a young boy scout it took my father & another father 2 help me do a pull-up for my exercise merit badge. I remember even though I had help I still struggled. I remember alot of those moments when I was young. I remember being the kid in class whose desk chair would break under pressure. I remember being the kid constantly bullied.I remember relishing in multiple orders of pizza, donuts, soda & sugared sweets

I remember going 2 church every Sunday & praying 4 a fresh new start. I prayed for motivation & Inner Strength...
  I decided one day in middle school 2 turn things around. From that moment I decided 2 change myself
I am 24 now, I don't eat sweets in excess or at all. I haven't had pizza or soda in years. It's hard but I have learned to fight the temptation. I have met various challenges so far in my life

There have been times in the past where I have felt weak, tired and about 2 lay down & die but
 I learned you have to overcome fear... one must have enough willpower to overcome great fear & unleash you inner strength
 I feel great now, I have the energy of a high schooler lol I still go 2 Church every Sunday & every other day you will find me running @ 5 a.m. whether it is nice out  or raining or snowing ...
Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out
Till my legs give out,
till my bone collapse
I will not fall,
I will stand tall,
Feels like no one could beat me.
-Crimson Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment