Thursday, January 27, 2011

Modern Day Cowboy pt.2


....I find my baby waiting for me at the same place I had put her to pasture. I check my pockets and find that I have few dollars in my pocket, which is enough. I mount my steel hellion. Connect my ipod up to the stereo and choose the playlist marked ‘METAL WARRIOR’. I turn up the Judas Priest and head out the gate.
I head down the highway with the rock turned up to AWESOME! I always have my buddies Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, ACDC, Ted Nugent and Bob Seger by my side keepin’ me awake. I pull over to the local corner market to get some liquid tonic before I keep on going down the open road. While other kids my age are somewhere in a lecture hall or writing class, I’m chatting it up with some truckers at the corner market.
I drive all day just to get back home, down to Texas. I am cautious not to run into any of my bounty hunters or old flames.  I loot the local markets and check out the local girls at the edge of Texas before the sun starts to fade away. I get back on my steel hellion and head back on the highway.
As the wheel in the sky fades away, I drive up to a highway diner. I order a burger with all the fixings and fries. I am surrounded by other weary travelers. I pull out a chair and sit at a table near a window. I look out to the highway.  Sometimes when you’re alone all you do is think. The stars start to pop out across the black of night.
I can see my steel horse resting nearby. I don’t know where I’m going only God knows where I’ve been. I’m a young gun, a candle in the wind, a modern day cowboy. I’m a cowboy on a steel horse I ride. I’m wanted Dead or Alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment