Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kites On the Wind

Alright Aggie Blog Followers, I know you all probably think I use quotes as topics of my blogs far too much, but seriously they have helped me through some tough times. So I hope that if they can help they can possibly help someone else no matter what the situation. In this case the quote just happens to be about wind in light of the “wonderful” windy weather that graced us with its presence today. You know when you’re trying to go to class and you have to walk head on into the wind? Yeah everyone knows that feeling, it’s torture and kind ruins your day. Well if you think about it people throughout your life have certain expectations for you and where THEY want you to go. Coming from a small town I know I’ve had to deal with people expecting me to do one thing with my life, and when I changed the dream of what I wanted to become they automatically judged me on giving up…It’s not giving up it’s moving on past some challenges to figure out where I want to go. Winston Churchill once said, “Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.” Now stay with me on this…In life people prove themselves to be like the wind pushing against you trying to get you to certain things, but in all honesty sometimes a person has to challenge themselves and go against the expectations of others in order to achieve their full potential. So when the wind pushes you one way keep on trudging along because you’ll get to the place YOU want to be not where it wants you to go. It’s up to you Aggies to fly as high as you possibly want to go, just don’t be the one to be blown away.
-Aggie Girl Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment