Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cotton Field Dreams

As September starts drawing to an end I can see students around campus becoming more and more stressed out. Stressed about tests they may not have studied a whole lot for, a test they didn’t do well on, relationships, roommates, money, and yes even at times family. Now, I can totally stick my hand up and say that I have stressed about almost all of these at some point this semester. It can be overwhelming at times how much ways on a college students mind during the semester. So...take a deep breath at some point you just have to grasp that some things are out of your hands and you just have to let them play out by themselves. So sit back and let things run their course. On the other hand there are things that you can help yourself with, such as tests. I know you’re probably already getting irritated with me for just bringing it up, but it’s true you can always try to do better. Start studying ahead of time like all teachers preach. If you can’t or don’t want to do that then take your chances and hope for the best, it’s out of your hands once the test is handed back in. Also some other things that you can do to cut down on stress is treating yourself to something that you enjoy. That’s exactly what I will be doing this week and next. I have quizzes every day the rest of this week, but that’s not going to keep me from going out to the Southern New Mexico State Fair Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with my parents and having a good time. Next week I have a big test and rough draft due, but once Friday gets here I’m headed back to Arizona for some quality time riding my horses that I miss, and also celebrating my parents’23rd anniversary. So when you get stressed try and do something for yourself to get away from it or doing something to help calm your mind. As for me I plan on dancing as much as I can this week, riding around the acres of cotton fields at home, and basking in the sunsets every chance I get. Good Luck to the Football Boys this weekend as they take on the UNM Lobos! To everyone going out to the fair be safe and have fun! And most importantly have a great rest of your week stress free Aggies.

-Always,

Aggie Girl Hannah
Beauty and Serinity Comes Within

No comments:

Post a Comment