Friday, April 20, 2012

Hello Fellow Aggies,

So as I approach the end of the semester, the feeling of potential relief that the semester will end soon is actually dwindling. After my last final I will be faced with an apartment to pack up, numerous bins of stuff to take to storage, speedrace home to New York for a week to face a family tugging me in every direction and then speedrace back to New Mexico to begin my internship with Yates Petroleum in Artesia, NM. Can't say I'm thrilled for the semester to end.

However, at this point I'm ready for new classes, new professors and news faces. I look forward to what next semester brings.

I never thought I would ever being working for an oil company. Starting out as an Environmental Science major and now doubling in Civil Engineering with a focus in Environmental Engineering doesn't seem like I would be the poster child for an oil company.

Thankfully my internship will place me in the environmental department of the company. I am relieved by this! I will focus in environmental reclamation and environmental impacts of land through the oil extraction process. I figure that oil use is not coming to an end any time soon and I might as well work for the better of it and learn how to ensure that the oil industry causes as little damage as possible while being extracted from the earth. I look forward to what kind of opportunities arise from this and the experience I will gain. Wish me luck!

Carley

No comments:

Post a Comment