Monday, April 30, 2012

Seasons change and so do we....

Driving in to work today, the radio weather report announced a whappin' 90 degree forecast for the entire week. Living in Cruces, this should not have been a big surprise to me but it felt like summer crept up overnight. Summer time is one of the greatest times of the year for many many many reasons! It is a time of freedom, hot days by the pool or lake, long nights with your summer fling, and the greatest of alll.... fresh juicy WATERMELON!! Staying up all night has no consequence because every opportunity for fun must be taken; that is the ONLY rule of summer. Like I said, summertime is one of the most liberating times for me and everytime it comes around I want to be laying in a meadow, drinking lemonade with Liam Hemsworth, without a care in the world......(A girl can dream right?lol)

Thinking about how fast the seasons come and go also made me think about how fast life has gone by. For many of us, day to day life seems to drag on (trust me I know), but somedays I wake up and freak out thinking that I am about to start my senior year of college!!! The thing that freaks me out even more is how much I have changed just in five years.

Five years ago would have made me 15, a sophmore in high school. The year i ditched more geometry classes than I attended, had the relationship duration of Kim Kardashian, got my driver's license, and gave my mama more gray hairs than she wanted. But hey, that's what all teenage girls were doin.... Despite all of the fun I was having I did have a few goals lol. I wanted to be an aneastisiologist, run for Miss Rodeo America, and move as far away from New Mexico as possible.  Those were the most important things in my life at that time and I knew that was exactly how my life was going to turn out.

HaHa, literally none of those things have become true or even closely similar. I am going to be a teacher in three semesters, and consider yourself lucky because I can barely convert inches to feet so I'm probably not the gal' you want administering high powered narcotics.... Miss Rodeo America is the last woman I want to be on this earth at this particular moment. Number one, I have really lost my touch of holding a fake smile for over 30 seconds. Number two, I don't run barrels or rodeo now, instead I show Stock Horses, so kinda defeats the purpose of running for MRA. Lastly, I am still here in New Mexico and have planned to stay here and teach. After taking a natural hazards class about earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, etc. I have come to the conculsion that despite the drought and tumbleweeds, this is the safest place your gonna get. Some would say that I gave up on my dreams, but I say that dreams change, just like the seasons and just like me.........


Peace & Blessings
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment