Thursday, November 4, 2010

From West Texas...

I'm from Texas.Well technically the Edge of Texas (El Paso), but Texas none the less.I'm a True Blue Dallas Cowboy fan. So You will probably see me wearing my colors on campus win or lose.You can take the Cowboy out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the Cowboy ;)

You meet alot of new faces up here at NMSU. Everybody on campus gets into the pageantry of sports.

 You will see Professors, Faculty and Students wearing the colors of their favorite NFL football teams and NBA basketball teams. Everybody gives each other hell about the teams they support, but it's all in good fun.

Come NMSU game day, everybody gets ready for the big game. During homecoming, the campus was united together as one.I have never been a part of something so big and grand.In the end It doesn't matter about winning but the people all around you.

It brings together the kids living on campus. You can watch a game alongside someone from New York or California. It isn't about whether your team wins or looses (I mean it does lol) because after it is over you have made a new connection.

I will admit this, I know this year the Cowboys are sucking. I will stick by my team through the worst of storms.  At the end of the day, being perfect isn't about scores but about your relationship with the people around you

Here is a quote I live by..

 "Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didnt let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasnt one more thing you could've done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman - you're perfect!"

-Crimson Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment