Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just a Two-Steppin Along

A nice two-step might start out the night. Pretty soon we’re half-stepping and the rhythm’s right. A line dance and the Cotton Eye Joe, I spin you around and here we go!!!!! HEEEELLLLLOOOO AGGIES!!!!!! Alright I’m feeling in a pretty upbeat mood on this late afternoon, and you’re probably wondering what started off this blog in the first place. Well, the first few lines were actually a part of one of my favorite songs “Good Night For Dancing” by The Josh Abbott Band. Now the whole reason I started this blog with these lyrics is because I just CANNOT wait for Friday night to come, because my roommate and I are planning a trip down to the West Texas Dallas Nights down in El Paso. You may be asking why we’re not hitting up some of the clubs down there instead of the country dancing saloon. To answer that question simply is that I grew up two-stepping and swing dancing and when I got over here I got my roommate hooked on it too. The whole reason I bring this little trip up today is because, when you’re going to school you have to make sure to let off some steam whether it is going to the movies, going bowling, or yes even going dancing. Enjoy the little trips you can take with friends, because you have to remember in the words of Crawl from the movie Son-In-Law “This is college. These are the best years of our lives!” So think about what you may do this weekend because it's ALWAYS a good night for dancing!

Always,
Aggie Girl Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment