Monday, November 15, 2010

Hang in there!

Hey there! Good Monday to all!
So guys it’s almost over! Couple more weeks and the semester is gone. Funny to think how it was just yesterday when we were waking up from summer vacation and sobbing about the start of a new fall semester and now in a blink of an eye is coming to an end. I’ll be starting my 8th semester pretty soon and it’s kinda hard to see how fast time passes by!  Just a while ago (while working hard in the office, of course,) my fellow ambassadors and I were having a conversation about when we first started college. I could not help but to think about how much I have learned over these past few years, my time here at NMSU has been more than great, I’ve loved every second of it and I would not change it for anything. I probably sound like a cheesy sales person every time I give a tour and talk about the million reasons why I love NMSU (lol) but it’s true! All of my professors have been great; they have been extremely motivating and yearn for our success, literally. The faculty has been great, the friends I have made are those to be kept for a lifetime and the many experiences (good or bad) have been to die for!
The one thing most important thing that I have learned thus far is that NEVER let anybody tell you “you can’t do it”   keep this in mind now as you tackle those finals, give it your ALL and fight for what YOU want, forget about the others, forget about what anybody else can do, forget about how much better anyone else is doing in the class, forget about how smart everyone else is and think about what YOU can accomplish. Remember, “it’s not the person you are that holds you back, it’s the person you think you’re not that does.”  We’re all getting closer to our goal so just hang on tight it will be absolutely worth it in the end! I’ll leave you with a couple of words I live by and that always pump me up when going through a stressful time (such as finals!!!)
                                                                                                                            -Your girl Jess! =)
Love yourself.
Make peace with who you are
and where you are at this moment in time.


Listen to your heart.
If you can’t hear what it’s saying in this noisy world,
make time for yourself. Enjoy your own company.
Let your mind wander among the stars.


Try. Take chances. Make mistakes.
Life can be messy and confusing, but it’s also full of surprises.
The next rock in your path may be a stepping stone.


Be happy. When you don’t have what you want,
want what you have. Make do.
That’s a well-kept secret of contentment.


There aren’t any shortcuts to tomorrow.
You have to make your own day.
To know where you’re going is only part of it.
You need to know where you’ve been too.
And if you get lost, don’t worry.
The people who love you will find you.
Count on it.


Life isn’t days and years.
It’s what you do with time
and with all the goodness and grace
that’s inside of you.
Make a beautiful life…
The kind of life you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment