Monday, March 5, 2012

The Crimson Breakfast Club

  I'm here sitting, I'm here listening to classic 80's songs, I'm thinking about something a fellow coworker said to me earlier today....She said, "I saw you earlier today and you just passed me by"

     The funny thing Is, as I thought about it, the pretty girl I had seen/checked out walking down the NMSU I-Mall was in fact the same Hazel-eyed beauty confronting me. I had mistaken her  for someone else as I passed her by. I didn't mean to pass her by without waving at her. This all got me thinking...

I work in Admissions, I have been working as an Aggie Ambassador for a couple of semesters now. I work alongside other student work-studies in the office.

My fellow Ambassadors range in their ages; around 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24. Some are young freshman, some learning how to stay afloat the chaos of their classes, others are trying to fit in socially with the college scene & others are preparing to graduate and find out the next step in life.

When we met we were strangers with nothing in common, if you ever sit down and listen to the different conversations that go on while we work you will find out that each of us are different....

One of us a Foreigner, a Beauty Queen, a Country Girl, a Pretty Brain, a Free Spirit, a Jock, a Recluse, a Rebel, a Comic Book geek

Sometimes the conversations range from empty gossip to thought provoking banter. Sometimes you have the beauty queen who feels the need to say something to be with the in crowd, sometimes you have the jock with the aspirations to become a senator someday, the pretty brain who always works herself to go above and beyond and other times you can have a down to earth conversation with a free spirit who can help re-shape the way you see the world.

Sometimes we may not understand each other, sometimes the only times we see each other is when we are at work but hopefully we affect each other in some capacity that helps guide us to becoming something.

If your lucky you can make a connection....

Don't You Forget About Me
                 Don't Don't Don't Don't
                            Don't You Forget About Me

Will you stand above me?

                   Look my way, never love me

 

Will you recognize me?
             Call my name or walk on by

          
         As you walk on by
              Will you call my name?

                  Or will you walk away?

Hey, hey, hey, hey Ohhhh.....Don't You Forget About Me
     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment