Thursday, March 29, 2012

True American Heroes

I was reading an article on the internet last night about a true American hero, a Soldier in the US Army. He had been serving our country in the middle east when his team came under fire. The brave soldier saw a grenade land near his brothers, he threw himself on it to protect their lives.

Later at Walter Reed Medical Center the doctors told him he would be able to keep his legs but it would take months of rehab to get use of them again. The brave young man said to the doctors "cut these legs off so I can go and fight with my brothers again as soon as I can."

Our rights and freedoms are protected by some of the bravest men and women this world knows. These are who we honor during the national anthem. I ask all of you to stand and remember them next time you hear our song.

Always an Aggie,
CT

No comments:

Post a Comment