Friday, October 29, 2010

Homecoming Week!

I'll start by saying sorry for not blogging all week, but due to all the crazy homecoming competitions here in the office it's been hard to find time to blog.  This week has been pretty interesting in and outside of the office. I learned very quickly that the women in admissions are more competitive than most women! They take office competitions very seriously, so without a doubt I jumped on board and got in the homecoming spirit too. We decorated the office in a Vegas/NMSU theme. Different people came up with some pretty good ideas and the office came out looking really good. Fingers crossed, I hope our door wins. We also had to decorate head dresses and sunglasses in Vegas themes as an in-office competition. At first, I'm not going to lie, I planned on taping a feather to my sunglasses and calling it cool. After a little motivation I decided to give a little more effort and actually put some creativity into my glasses. They actually came out looking pretty good.
Besides all the creativity in the office I had to come up with a sweet Halloween costume too! Like my dad used to always tell me in basketball practice, "Go hard or go home." Soooooo....I decided to go hard:) I crossed out the Wolverine and Spiderman costume idea, and chose to be Pee Wee Herman this year. He always gave me a creepy feeling growing up but I also wanted to have all the things he did. I thought it would be so cool to have furniture and toys that talk back to me.
Aside from all the fun this week, I did have some school work to take care of. I had a big test on Monday in my engineering class. I felt very confident that I did well after taking the test, but I did study my butt off. Fingers crossed, hopefully I'll get an A! I also have a big presentation that I have to work on this weekend. It's going to be tough to manage my time with Halloween and homework, but I'm sure I'll figure it out:)
I'll leave you with another favorite quote of mine that my dad used to always tell me, "Anything worth having, is worth working hard for." Have a happy and safe Halloween!!!

Devyn

No comments:

Post a Comment