Friday, October 22, 2010

Physics...Not as scary as it sounds

As an Environmental Science major, I saw little need to take Physics in high school..in fact I thought I wouldn't have to take it at all! So when I arrived to NMSU and I received my course requirements, I was a little shocked to find that I had to take Physcis. Not just Physics, I had to take Engineering Physics! A little intimidated, I opted to get this class over with this semester and I walked into it preparing myself for failure because I had no background in Physics and I assumed that I would be completely LOST in Engineering Physics none the less. I was going to give it my all, but I was going to punish myself if I ended up having to take it again to get a better grade.

Right from the get-go, I did all my assigned homework and sought help when I didn't understand a problem or concept. I attend my professor's office hours religiously every week and I feel as if that shows her how dedicated I am to succeeding in her class and how important it is to me. Of the two exams we've had so far, I have received a grade in the 90s. I am very proud of myself and so is my professor. I have not once used that excuse that I have no knowledge of Physics because if you really do put in the extra effort it's basically impossible to fail a class. Out of this, I have gained an interest and liking for Physics. I want to stress how important I feel it is to get to know your professors. Establishing a repoire and getting to know them will only help you in the long run. Many times, professors can introduce you to internships or job opportunities. Also, if you know them better, they are more likely to be lenient on you and help you out in case you have to miss an exam or class. I hope you all can use my experience to inspire you to get to get to know your professors. We spend a lot of money on our tuition, so let's get the most out of it.

And on that note, I you everyone has a great weekend :) Get excited for homecoming next week!!

Ciao!
Carley

No comments:

Post a Comment