Wednesday, September 7, 2011

College Dorm Recipe of the Day!

In my previous post, I mentioned doing things to remind myself of home. One section was looking for some local food- which can be pretty challenging at times. One of the things that can temporarily help my craving for that “Asian flare” in my palate is to cook something close to it. I promised my colleagues that I would post some sort of recipe… Well, as of now, I do not have one in mind that’s “college budget and time friendly,” yet. J. However, as I surveyed and asked what people had in their pantry, one thing that stood out was Ramen noodles. So, here is a simple Asian noodle salad recipe using those cheap yet well seasoned ramen noodles:

2 pks Chicken flavored Ramen w/ seasonings packets
3 green onions, sliced
1 1/2 C shredded chicken
4 C chopped green cabbage

Mix in medium bowl;
3 Tbl. white sugar (or a little artificial sweetener)
4 Tbl. rice vinegar
3 Tbl. sesame oil
seasoning packs from Ramen noodles

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, chill for a few hours. The flavor is better if left to stand for several hours, even a day or so.

Simple right? So, let me know how this goes!

Bon Appétit!?


-Aggie Albert 

4 comments:

  1. I love ramen noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least you still get a little bit of Asian flare in your palate . . hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually tried ths. definitively different and did not turn out bad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really?!? That is so cool. Thanks for the comment. Glad it turned out well for you!

    ReplyDelete