Monday, September 26, 2011

Interesting, Big Hearted Professors

During all of our time on NMSU Campus we all come into contact with some pretty amazing people and professors. This semester I have four  professors total but two just stand out above the others. My Anatomy and Physiology professor makes jokes and chuckling about the topics at hand, as well as making up interesting stories about them so we will remember them later on. The other is my Animal Breeding professor and he’s always saying and in a way challenging us with, “If you don’t know this you don’t deserve to get a degree in Animal Science.” Both of these professors are well known in my major; not for the reason of those two things I just mentioned, but because they actually get to know us as students and know how to teach us well. As we get further and further into our majors we all start making more and more connections with professors and grad students. So this semester just happens to be my fifth semester here and I’ve started to notice this fact more so than my first few semesters here. Last semester I made friends with a lot of the grad students within the Ag College along with my Meat Production and English 218 teacher. This semester I’ve noticed myself going into the Animal Science Secretary’s office just to visit more and more with her and professors, it’s a place to hang out and talk about all the things with school.  We all tease each other about life and really enjoy talking to each other.  Honestly, it’s a great feeling when you start making friends with your professors. This past week has seen what a difference getting to know her professors has inside the classroom as well as outside of it. If a professor gets to know you they will help you in any way possible to get you closer to what you want to do. They can be inspiring, challenging as well as just being an all-around great friend. So Aggies take time to get to know you’re teachers, become friends with them, as well as thank them as much as you can after because those are the relationships that can truly push you out into the professional world. 
-Always,
Aggie Girl Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment