Thursday, September 23, 2010

Constant Battle.

So the week has finally come to a close.....for me at least. I have one last class before I head down to Albuquerque to spend time with my family. I'm pretty excited since I my entire family hasn't been together all at once since last year. So we're gonna go to the state fair and celebrate my mom's 50th!

Anyway, yesterday was the premier show of the Barb n' Duard Radio Show on KRUX 91.5. And it was interesting. So our training wasn't exactly detailed, so we walked into the studio at 9:50pm (show started at 10) not having a clue how to work things. Let me tell you, the first 30 minutes of our show was absolute chaos! We were pressing all these buttons, switching mics over, dumping music because of accidental profanity. It was a mess! Then when we had to talk, I was so stressed, I don't think one word out of my mouth made sense.
But slowly things got progressivly better. We got the computer system figured out and we finally understood the sound board. Then we got rolling! The rest of the show was really fun! We got comfortable talking and choosing songs and things just fell into place.
I am glad the first day is over because we knew it wouldn't turn out so well. But we are getting some good publicity. In Albuquerque, Buck, Dex, and Baxter from 104.1 The Edge called my co-host and talked to her on air about our show and they even posted links on their website. So that was a big help! They also asked us to be guests on their show when we go back to Albuquerque! So this tiny little thought about a radio show has grown into this huge thing suddenly and it's really exciting!

Well enough of that. Since this is my last blog for the week, I kinda wanted to talk about some other stuff that's been going on this week. It's nothing specific of course, but this week has been something else. I actually think things happen for a reason, not even just the good things, but the really bad things too. Do you ever wonder why we suffer or feel bad about ourselves? Is it really the bad things that make us moral people and shape the person we are? Or do we have the sole control over the person we become, without outside influence... Are the mistakes we make in life what we call experience? It's something to think about at the very least.  Life is rough for everyone, but we somehow we make it through. We may never understand why bad things happen to us, but we can always understand the choices we have to deal with them.

I hope you all enjoyed this (+) week!  Go out and do something that make you happy. Don't worry about all the things you have to do the next week, just go out and enjoy the day!

-Chavo

No comments:

Post a Comment