Friday, September 3, 2010

Misty Mountain Hop

 So the weekend is here...

  The beautiful morning entices me to give into starting my day in a big way.It's 7:00 am and I have decided to have a big breakfast instead of just having my typical (mom unapproved) pop tarts & orange juice.

I'm not usually a McDonald's person but there is one nearby up on University Ave.Maybe about a 6 minute walk from my dorms. So I just fall out of bed and throw on an Aggie t-shirt, hat and running shorts...and I'm off

When I get outside, I am greeted by a misty mountain landscape.The rising sun is blanketed by clouds and a cool breeze sweeps through the campus. The morning is a beauty

4 minutes later. I find myself walking up to McDonald's. I walk in through the entrance and I am greeted by an Aggie decor. I guess this is the official McDonald's of the NMSU Aggies. I step up to the counter and scan the menu before choosing the "Deluxe breakfast with Hot Cakes and a small orange juice" (with proof of my student id I get a discount)

I take a seat at a booth and open today's paper ( I like to pick up the paper so I seem more mature lol)

I just sit and gaze at the sight of the campus

I think about the week and my plans for the labor day weekend

In a few hours I will be heading to Admissions to log in a few hours in my work-study. After that I will be packing up my stuff into my truck and heading down to my hometown of El Paso (which is about a 45 minute drive depending on traffic)
 
But all those events are yet to come

Right now, I am just chillaxin' and in the moment @ NMSU

-Crimson Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment