Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Each year, Career Services puts on a Career Fair for prospective students and employers.  Normally, students will dress professionally and take their resumes to give to the employers.  If students are lucky, employers will be conducting interviews. Typically, employers will just be at these fairs to promote their companies and tell students to submit applications online.

Last week I had the pleasure of attending my first official career fair.  I have gone other years, but this is the first year that I went with intention to find a job.  I was able to interview with an agricultural production company.  This was my first ever professional interview. I feel pretty confident about the interview. Who really knows, though? Aren't all interviewers supposed to make you feel confident about an interview? I am supposed to hear from this company within 2 weeks. Either way, I will continue to explore my options.

As I am approaching graduation, a wave of uncertainty is coming over me. As an underclassmen, I always heard seniors complaining about how they did not know what they were going to do with their lives.  I can honestly say that I now know what they were talking about.  Big life choices are just around the corner.  Do I stay in Las Cruces, take the GRE, find a job outside of New Mexico, or join the Peace Corps and return to school later on?  Although I find myself worried sick about my upcoming decisions; I am also confident in the fact that I am a single college graduate willing to relocate, and really have no huge responsibilities.  I am also debt free!
Cal

No comments:

Post a Comment